Join the Camp Staff!
Are you tired of doing the same old routine? We are looking for men and women to serve on the Camp Lowden summer camp
staff. Most Scouts consider serving on the camp staff as a highlight in their scouting career. Opportunities range from
age 14 (CIT), age 15 (salaried staff), to adult positions; swimming, boating, rifle, archery, scoutcraft, handicraft,
nature, trading post, kitchen, and commissioner service.
The Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer that hires both females and males, as well as people of all ages
and ethnic groups, diverse cultures, and mixed abilities.
Why apply for a Camp Staff position? Here are a few of the many reasons that are frequently expressed:
Why work at a fast food or retail establishment that focuses on sales when you can have opportunities like these that will
prepare you for more meaningful endeavors?
- To make lots of new friends in your area, other states,
and even other countries
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and
new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with
others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and
to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling
pursuit of all)
- To give something back for the opportunities you
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the
Scout Oath and Law
- To have meaningful spiritual experiences
- To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior
staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
- To be paid and receive food and lodging in return
for something challenging and fun
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and
to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits
The date for 2017 camp staff interviews is Wednesday, December 28, 2016, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the council office, 2820 McFarland Rd., Rockford, IL. Call Emily at 815-397-0210 to schedule your interview time.
Be sure to submit a completed staff application prior scheduling an interview time (see below for the application).
How To Apply
Summer camp staff applications are available at the council service center
or click on a link below to download a printable version.
(both open in new windows)
Attn: Program Director
2820 McFarland Rd.
Rockford, IL 61107
Need More Info?
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Blackhawk Area Council Office