Camp Lowden History
Established in 1940 on the estate of former Illinois Governor Frank O. Lowden, Camp Lowden has grown to more than 250 acres of natural wooded land for Scouting advancement and activities. Camp Lowden has a rich and wonderful history.
All camp history content has been moved to its own Web site,
Web Site History
- 2001 - The original Camp Lowden Web site was founded by Brian Habing, a former staff member, as a way to honor the camp as well as former staff members.
- 2003 - Former staff member worked with Brian to transfer ownership and control of the www.camplowden.org domain
name to . Steve then became the Webmaster.
- 2003 - The site was redesigned by students at Northern Illinois University as part of a class project. Steve then integrated their end product into the site that Brian developed.
- 8/27/2003 - The site was approved by as the official Web site of Camp Lowden, BSA.
- Today - the Camp Lowden Web site is managed under guidelines set forth by the Boy Scouts of America and .